Beavers – Autumn 1

Hello Beaver Parent

I hope you all had a lovely summer!!

We will be back Friday 8th September to start our new term. The badges we will be working on between now and Christmas are the World challenge badge, the creative, Experiment and Global issues activity badges. 

Our program is as follows

Friday 8th September – Imagination

Friday 15th September – Junk modelling

Friday 22nd September – Experiments

Friday 29th September – Leaf printing

Friday 6th October – Water filters

Friday 13th October – Fairtrade foods 

Friday 20th October – JOTI/JOTA at Murray Hall

Scouts – Autumn 1

So, a new term starts on Friday (8th September), and we have
7 weeks in the term! The plan for evenings is as follows:

8/9 Welcome Back – We will have a report on the recent trip to Bournemouth Air Show by those who attended. Normally this involves lots of pictures of scouts getting extremely wet! – then a few games to get back in the groove.

15/9 Camping Hints ‘n’ Tips’ – Starting to prepare for an overnight “Bivvy” camp where Scouts will make their own shelters to spend the night in.

22/9 Overnight Preparation – Continuing from last week, introducing a few tools for the overnight.

29/9 Navy Days – Nautical terms and traditions. Why is a head a head?

6/10 Rope MakingThis time using a machine! 

13/10 Communication – Introduction to different ways of communicating, ready for next weeks JOTI/JOTA.

20/10 JOTI/JOTA – OFFSITE! We will be at Murray Hall for the start of the JOTI/JOTA event over the weekend. This will involve talking to Scouts all over the world via internet and radio. There is the option to stay overnight on the Friday.

Overnights :

23rd and 24th September – At Murray Hall – Bivvy Camping. £8 per Scout.

20th and 21st October – At Murray Hall. JOTI/JOTA event. Price to be confirmed.

Sailing :

16th September, Morning only at Tewksbury.

7th October, All Day at Tewksbury.

Beavers – Summer 1

Welcome back to a new term.
We will be working on the following badges between now and the summer holiday’s
* space activity badge
* sports activity badge
* Gardeners activity badge
* Adventure challenge badge

I only have 3 dates so far where we know exactly what is happening:
Friday 5th May – we will start our Gardeners badge
Friday 12th May – is our annual camp so there will be no session for the beavers that are not attending
Friday 26th May – Group Jumpstatic – this is now booked and paid for so, unfortunately, we cannot add any more children.

There will be lots of things coming up that i am just waiting to finalise dates, they are:
* Farm to fork with Tesco – i originally had this booked for June 2nd but then i come to realise that this is half term so i am just waiting for them to get back to me with another date they can do.
* we will be going up to robinswood hill to do some shelter building for our adventure challenge badge.
*we will be doing a sports day before we break up for the summer holidays.
*I am hoping to reschedule the space badge over the next couple of terms as he had cancelled on us last term and hopefully instead of him coming to us we can go to the Mount Tuffley observatory and see the telescopes.
* Annoushksa has invited us to her college where there will some circus activities for the beavers to do, i am just waiting for Annouskha to give us some dates that hopefully we can work around.

Subs will now be due £15 for the first child and £12.50 for subsequent children (younger). This will take you to the May half term.

Cubs – Summer 1

We only have 5 weeks in the term! So a very short one.
The plan for evenings is as follows:
28/4 Culture evening– this is an evening exploring another culture working towards badge work
5/5 First aid evening– this will be an evening to complete your first aid badge
12/5 Group Camp Starts – We will be OFFSITE at Trac, from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.
More info will be circulated about how this will work.
19/5 Walk around local area– this is to go towards badge work and exploring and looking after your local area
26/5 JumpTasticOFFSITE. Group evening at Jump Tastic.
The link to the programme is below:
Subs this term will be £15 for the first child and £12.50 for each subsequent child.

Scouts – Summer 1

So, a new term starts on Friday (28th April), and we only have
5 weeks in the term! So a very short one. The plan for evenings
is as follows:

28/4 Local Area Exploration. – We will be having a look around the local area of Hempstead.
Making maps and looking for possible Waypoints for future use.
5/5 Camp Preparation – Looking at what to bring, how to pack. All the “Boring” stuff 😉
12/5 Group Camp Starts – We will be OFFSITE at Trac, from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.
More info will be circulated about how this will work.
19/5 Pioneering – We have just come into possession of some decent pioneering type poles.
So, full size pioneering for a change.
26/5 JumpTasticOFFSITE. Group evening at Jump Tastic.

In addition to the above, a small group are also going to be attending the RN Summer Camp
Between the 27 May and 3rd of June. If we play our cards right, this may become an annual Event!

Scouts – Spring 2

Here are the dates for the next term session for Scouts:

24 February, Scout Night – Sort of a forum night.

3 March, Astronomy – Star gazing and stuff, mostly looking up.

10 March, Meteorologist – Linked to last week, but meteorites and samples involved J

17 March, DIY – Wiring Landing Lights, Ring versus radial circuits etc. (NOTE- ALL LOW VOLTAGE!)

24 March, Boating Skills – Usual preparation for the start of the sailing season.

31 March, Electronics 2 – Bit more theory, but also actually making stuff this time.

7 April, St Georges Day preparation & Games – St Georges day is actually on 23 April.

We also have some Sailing dates organised, all at Tewksbury:

29th  April

13th May

20th May

3rd June

24th June

15th July

16th September

7th October.

I’m hoping to organise some maintenance dates soon, but they depend on the weather.As soon as I have a plan I will let you all know.

Cubs Spring 1 2017

Hello All,

Happy new year

Our new term starts next Friday, 6 January 2017, at Hempstead Village Hall.

As we will have all group sections at the same location now, the Cubs will

Be starting at 6:00 and ending at 7:30.

The Plans for this terms meetings are:

6 January       Getting to know you session- meeting new leaders and getting to know the cubs; rearranging the new sixers; choosing new leader names; what the cubs want to do/get out of cubs; games and activities to get to know the cubs

13 January     Entertainer- making short videos in groups; having the videos advertise cubs

20 January     Hobby show and tell- cubs bring in an example of their hobby such as photos or equipment used that they could show to the other cubs and tell them about what they do.

27 January     Stage 1 first aid- First aid evening run by Dave to cover stage 1 of emergency aid

3 February      Cub cooking-  making cupcakes to take mix home (we will provide plain mix but if the cub would like extras such as cherries or chocolate they will need to bring their own); techniques for cooking; cooking hygiene; balanced diet

10 February     Reptile talk- Becky will be bringing in her reptiles and will be showing them to the cubs and explaining how to take care of them; Making posters about the dangers for reptiles in the wild.

The Subs this term will be £18 for the first child and £15 for each subsequent child.
Our preferred method of payment is directly into the bank,

Account number: 90023132
Sort code: 40-37-60
Payment Ref: gift aid payer/section/what the money is for (Cubs Subs etc)

If you pay by cash, please be aware we do not carry a float and so may not be able to give change.

As normal, any questions please ask.

Regards, and again, Happy New Year,

Abbie

Scouts Spring 1 message

Hello All,

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope 2017 brings you all you wish.

Our new term starts next Friday, 6 January 2017, at Hempstead Village Hall.

As we will have all group sections at the same location now, the Scouts will

Be starting at 7:45 and ending at 9:15.

The plans for this term meetings are:

6 January             Term Start Session – several activities going on; Camp cooking competition preparation.    Planning for an expedition and first aid.

13 January           Rope work – Not just knots, but decorative items as well.

20 January           Electronics/Crafts – Introduction into electronics, and some crafts also.

27 January           Fire Safety – Home, camp, fire alarms etc.

3 February          Pioneering Puzzles – Get that can from there, to there! Oh, but you’re not allowed to touch it!

10 February        Quiz Night – Just as it says on the box J

We also have the District Cooking competition this month, so we will be having extra practice at Murray Hall

On the 7th of January, with the actual competition taking place on the 14th of January again at Murray Hall.

Times will be sent to team members.

We also hope to have an “Expedition” on the weekend of 21/22 January. Again times and places will be

Sent to those attending.

The Subs this term will be £18 for the first child and £15 for each subsequent child.
Our preferred method of payment is directly into the bank,

Account number: 90023132
Sort code: 40-37-60
Payment Ref: gift aid payer/section/what the money is for. (Scouts Subs etc)

If you pay by cash, please be aware we do not carry a float and so may not be able to give change.

As normal, any questions please ask.

Regards, and again, Happy New Year,

Dave.

SL 15th St Peter’s Sea Scouts

07960058647

Cubs Autumn 2 2016 message

Dear All

Sorry for sending out programme so late, but due to recent events it has taken longer to complete.

Subs this term is £21, our preferred method is directly into the bank.

District Artist badge, November 19th at Murray Hall. 10-12:30. Please can you confirm whether your child wishes to attend.

Programme

02.11.16 – Firesafety badge

09.11.16 – Firesafety badge, visit from firefighter (tbc)

16.11.16 – Communicator badge

23.11.16 – Communicator badge

30.11.16 – Complete teamwork challenge – junk modelling

07.12.16 – Christmas craft

14.12.16 – TBC school unavailable, activity to be organised.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

Many Thanks

Val

Beavers Autumn 2 2016

Hello Beaver Parents

We will be back Wednesday 2nd November to start our new term. We will be finishing off the Teamwork challenge badge, the communicator, collector, health & fitness activity badge and then our musician staged badge.

As you all know i am now the only leader for the beaver group. We need a minimum of 2 adults in order to run each session. If there are any weeks that you are able to stick around and give me a hand that would be very much appreciated. Please let me know asap if you are able to help out first week back and sign up on the parent rota.

Subs will be due again, First child £21 and £17.50 for the second child and subsequent children (younger) these subs will take us to the new year

Our preferred method of payment is directly into the bank

Account number 90023132

Sort code: 40-37-60

Ref: gift aid payer/section/what the money is for (i.e Miss T Jones/beavers/subs)

If you are paying by cash please remember we cannot carry a float so cannot always give change.

 

Thank you

see you Wednesday

Thea