I hope you have managed to find some sunshine over the summer and have all enjoyed some sort of well deserved break. The Scouts have had a successful summer break with several sailing and kayaking sessions having taken place and a number of our older Scouts having a fantastic trip down to Bournemouth and staying on board the Royal Fleet Auxiliary ship Argus.
Below is our outline plan for the coming term (as ever this is subject to change – we will advise in good time where this happens). Unless otherwise specified, all regular Friday evening sessions are at Gordon League Rugby Club in Hempsted at the usual times 6:30pm to 8pm.
Subs will be due on or before 4 September please. Subs for the coming term are £24 for the first child and £20 for the second and each subsequent child. Our preferred method of payment is online using our bank details as follows – Sort Code: 40-37-60 Account 90023132 ref gift aid payers name and what the amount is for.
- 4 September – at Gordon League – fitness badge and athletics. Please wear trainers and jogging trousers or similar.
- 11 September – at Murray Hall – Dave has already issued a message about this but please let me know if you need a reminder. Normal session time 6:30pm to 8pm with an overnight session following straight on for those staying. Bring along a tin can – no sharp edges and the wider and shorter the better.
- 18 September – at Gordon League. Emergency Aid session.
- 25 September – Geocaching – location to be confirmed. Watch this space! Scouts will need to wear weather appropriate clothing and sturdy walking shoes.
- 2 October – we will be camping at Tewkesbury Sailing Club from the evening of 2 October to Sunday morning 4 October. Full details to be sent out very soon. There is no regular session at Gordon League this evening.
- 9 October – Communicator badge. Scouts can bring their mobile phones if they wish (Scouts are to take personal responsibility for their phones – 15th Gloucester Sea Scouts will accept no responsibility for loss or damage).
- 16 October – Global issues.
- 23 October – Hike – this is likely to commence from Robinswood Hill car park but this is to be confirmed.
Other events for your diaries:
- 5 September – Gloucester Day Parade (Sailing cancelled) – see earlier message.
- 19 September – Sailing at Tewkesbury.
- 24 September – AGM and presentation evening (message regarding this has been sent by Michelle Vaughan).
- 27 September – Baggage Area at Cheltenham Half Marathon. Early morning start to around mid-day 1pm. Participants will be sought soon – please let me know if your Scout would like to take part.
- 17 October – JOTI/JOTA – sleepover at Murray Hall. Details to follow in due course.
- 8 November – Remembrance Day parade and service.
And finally, the leaders have been considering how we can improve our fundraising to ensure we can continue to provide a quality Scouts section and associated activities. We will let you know of any plans as we go but in the meantime I would like to arrange another ‘Cash4Clothes’ run…
Cash4Clothes are a clothes recycling and collection centre based in the heart of Gloucester. We buy your unwanted clothes, pairs of shoes, hats, handbags, baby clothes, belts etc. from you for 50p per kilo. The majority of the usable and wearable clothes collected are sent to places such as Africa where they are used to help local communities.
The clothing must be clean and wearable.
Please note that we do not accept duvets, pillows, cushions, and items which are wet, dirty, ripped, or stained.
So please start to look in your wardrobes for unwanted, usable and wearable clothes – I will let you know when I would like you to bring these along to an upcoming session. Many thanks
15th Gloucester Sea Scouts